Quirky Cooking Chats
Click Below to Listen Now!
AQJ 30 : Essential Oils 101 with Samantha Bulloch of The Alchemist’s Tree
21, Aug, 2015
Essential oils can be a powerful tool in your ‘health and healing’ toolbox! They are more than just a lovely way to keep your house smelling nice – they can be used for first aid, for relaxation and reducing stress, for natural medicines and for non toxic cleaning products and pest deterrents.
In this episode, Samantha Bulloch of The Alchemist’s Tree, naturopath and aromatherapist, joins us to explain the basics of essential oils.
- why she began using essential oils, and how she went about studying them
- how essential oils are made
- how they differ to herbal medicines and flower essences
- how to use them safely and effectively
- her favourite oils and how she uses them
- basics to have on hand
- where you can study aromatherapy or do short courses to help you use them in your own home
Jo and Sam also discuss where to buy good quality, pure essential oils from, but agree that this is very much a personal choice and there are many great brands out there to choose from.
Next week Sam will share some practical tips and answer specific questions asked by Jo’s readers, so stay tuned for part 2!
You can also join Jo’s Quirky Cooking Chat Group and read more detailed information about these topics in the ‘Files’ section of the group.
If you’d like visit Jo’s DoTERRA essential oils page, you can find it here.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.