If you have been hit with a cough, cold, flu or even Covid you might be asking your immune system to step it up as you recover. The problem is if our immune system is a little rundown, or our reserves are low, then not only are these symptoms expected, but to heal fast can seem a little bit much to ask. So the key is to prepare and boost! Here are a few favourite tried and true remedies and foods that are a MUST in every home to boost your immune system as you heal.
- Ginger – A must for winter as it warms the body, it is a powerful anti-inflammatory and it helps to strengthen our circulation system not to mention it is absolutely delicious! Fresh ginger root on hand for cooking is brilliant when added to meals like you would garlic. You can also pop a few fresh slices into some hot water with a little lemon and honey! And have a jar of crystallised ginger on hand to snack on as the perfect sweet treat.
- Boost Your Vitamin C! Fruit and veges are the best way to load your body with Vitamin C. Fresh or frozen and dried berries are some of the best, blueberries, cranberries and goji berries to name a few. Also fruits like papaya, kiwifruit, oranges and lemons of course, and veges like steamed broccoli, and red peppers rate as the chart toppers. Chopped fresh parsley on every meal is also a winner!
- Fresh herbs – Freshly picked herbs are powerhouses for phyto-nutrients and vitamins. Parsley helps purify the blood, Mint aids digestion and Basil strengthens immunity. You can get these easily from the supermarket or better still grow your own! Either way they are a must so get them into your food! Chives, oregano, marjoram, lemon balm, pick your favourite and enjoy the flavour burst they offer to your cooking! The key is to add them at the end of your cooking so you don’t destroy all their goodness through over heating.
- Spice It Up – Just like herbs, spices offer amazing benefits to the body too. Cinnamon is anti-catarayl which means it breaks down mucus in the body. Cloves have an antiseptic effect and have been used for centuries to fight off disease. Turmeric strengthens the white blood cells, and is anti-inflammatory, perfect for any aging concerns too just quietly! Paprika and Chilli both warm the body, help the lymphatic system to cleanse and are also very anti-inflammatory.
- Go Garlic! Nature’s natural antibiotic, add it to everything! A favourite for me is to squeeze the juice of one orange. Finely chop (not crush) a clove of garlic and add to the juice. Add 1 teaspoon Manuka Honey and a few sprays of Magnesium Oil, stir and scull!! In one swoop is best! This is the BEST slam dunker and is amazing if you feel a cold or flu coming on. Do a couple of times a day!
- Immune Boost Aromatherapy Blend – This potent combination of Eucalyptus, Lavender, Tea Tree, Cedarwood and Pine is perfect for strengthening the body’s immune system to get you back on top fast and feeling great. These oils stimulate the immune system, decongest and oxygenate the lungs and cleanse the environment. Mix 6 drops into your 50ml spritzer bottle and spray around the home to cleanse and protect. And place 6-10 drops into your Diffuser. Add 3 drops into your body boost daily massage to strengthen the body! It’s amazing and smells divine! Go to www.twenty8.com and use your SLP discount code!
- Magnesium Oil Health Spray – The miracle salt that not only calms the nervous system, stops aching muscles, helps you sleep, slows the aging process but it also can stop a sore throat in its tracks! In a little water add 3 sprays and gargle, repeat twice a day when the throat is sore and see the results!
SELF LOVE PODCAST SPONSOR LINKS
THANKYOU FOR LISTENING… If you would like to share your feedback on this podcast please head to my Facebook and Instagram pages below. Thanks so much if you take the time to give me a 5-star rating on iTunes so that others find this podcast easily and I sincerely appreciate all of your feedback and comments. It makes it all worthwhile as I know this podcast can plant a seed where big things can indeed grow!
If you would love to work with Kim one on one coaching or be a part of her Self Love & Wellness Mentorship Program to continue to master the art of self-love click here – www.kimmorrison.com
BRAND NEW ‘ESSENTIAL SELF CARE WEEKEND’ VIRTUAL EVENT with Kim Morrison
Immerse yourself in a whole weekend for you, dive into the powers of your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing and how essential oils can create magic and change in your life. Learn the importance of self-care and what it means to indulge and recharge every day… after all you deserve it!
Click here for more information and locations for your Standard or VIP ticket – https://twenty8.com/events-and-workshops/
Twenty8 Essentials – https://twenty8.com/
Discount Code for SLP Listeners – selflovepodcast
The Art Of Self Love – https://twenty8.com/product/the-art-of-self-love/
Self-Love & Wellness Mentoring Program – https://www.kimmorrisontraining.com/
Essential Oils 101 Program – https://www.kimmorrisontraining.com/essential-oil-101
Kim Morrison Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kimmorrison28/
Kim Morrison Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KimMorrisonTraining
MUSIC INTRO & OUTRO
Many thanks to Wes and Charlotte Carr – https://wesleydeanmusic.com/