Straight Talking Natural Health
Click Below to Listen Now!
STNH 23: Caitlin Cady – Meditation, perfectionism, and overcoming the resistance to being still
22, Feb, 2021
Caitlin Cady is an absolute powerhouse of a woman whose CV kinda reads like a Choose Your Own Adventure novel.
On one hand, she’s a driven business person who owns two nightclubs and has been known to listen to gangster rap. On the other hand, she exudes a calm radiance, is a devoted yogi, and has been described as “spiritual AF.” She has a beautiful, heart-centred business that’s all about getting people to meditate regularly. She makes meditation accessible, enjoyable… and dare I say it… fashionable. (Ahem – just ask her about her super cute line of clothing.) Most of all, she’s now a published writer of a fabulous book, “Heavily Meditated.”
In this episode we chat about:
- What meditation is… and what it isn’t (“There are so many myths around it – that you need a calm mind… that you need to stop thinking”).
- How meditation helped Caitlin heal from a serious chronic illness… and also “chronic perfectionism.”
- Why driven women need meditation, and how we can teach ourselves to stop and ACTUALLY do it!
- Overcoming the resistance to sit still and get it done.
- How to carve out space for stillness, even when you have kids (and how to be a role model for self care).
- How to show up, let go and embrace your practice, even when it’s messy, wonky and not perfect.
Want to see more of Caitlin?
Want more of Jules?
Visit her website at http://julesgalloway.com.
Are you at risk of burnout? Take this quiz to find out: http://julesgalloway.com/health-check.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.