Nourishing The Mother
Click Below to Listen Now!
NTM 350: Moving past body shame and intimacy struggles after kids
08, Mar, 2022
How does a mother of “this many” children relate to her changing body and intimate relationship when she finds herself hung-up on the parts she finds hard to love?
In this episode we discuss:
• the double-whammy of having kids and grappling with our body aging
• comparing ourselves to narrow, learned and curated definitions of beauty
• The male gaze
• using body obsession as a way of avoiding deeper life questions
• moving towards awkwardness
• changing your story
• surrounding yourself with support for change
• creating a bridge between where you are and where you want to be
• recognising you can’t be controlled and ecstatic at the same time, choosing consciously what you want
• making a commitment to yourself about how you will speak about your own body
• cultivating the seductress and putting the mother to bed
To explore feminine embodiment, intimacy and relationship in Honey Club with Julie, visit https://julietenner.love/
To explore conscious parenting and inspiring motherhood in Reimagining Motherhood with Bridget, visit https://www.bridgetwood.life/
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.