The Healthy Shift Worker
Click Below to Listen Now
HSW 82: Shift Work Disorder with Dr Jade Murray
06, Jun, 2019
In today’s episode, we’re talking about Shift Work Disorder, a condition that can affect those working 24/7 with sleep and circadian rhythm researcher Dr Jade Murray from Monash University in Melbourne.
I absolutely loved this chat with Dr Murray where we discuss:
- What exactly is shift work disorder?
- Why do people need to be concerned if they have it?
- Are certain individuals more prone to the condition, based on their chronotype?
- Details of a study that Dr Murray is currently conducting on nurses and midwives investigating individual vulnerability to night shift, and how we can better identify individuals who are at risk of Shift Work Disorder (SWD).
- 3 tips to implement that may assist those suffering from SWD.
Links mentioned on the podcast:
For any nurses and midwives living in Victoria, Australia, that would like to participate in the night shift research study
email Dr Jade at [email protected]
Or search for the link to the study on the Monash University Sleep and Circadian Medicine Laboratory Facebook Page
For shift workers interested in volunteering for other studies through Monash University – Click Here
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.