Straight Talking Natural Health
Click Below to Listen Now!
STNH 5: Alysha Habgood – Breast Implant Illness
23, Jan, 2019
Meet Alysha Habgood, a Sydney naturopath who recently had her breast implants removed due to Breast Implant Illness (BII).
With thousands of breast augmentation surgeries being performed in Australia (and hundreds of thousands more around the world) each year, there is a growing concern that many of the implants are becoming toxic. Thousands of women are reporting autoimmune-like symptoms, including joint pain, inflammation, thyroid issues, hormonal imbalances, and debilitating fatigue. Meanwhile, some medical practitioners (and breast implant producers) are holding fast and saying that these issues are NOT caused by the implants… but that tide is turning.
Listen to Alysha’s story and decide for yourself.
“Four months after surgery I started to experience some symptoms… and the worst one was chronic fatigue.”
In this podcast, we chat about:
- Signs and symptoms of Breast Implant Illness
- Why the implants trigger an immune response in the body
- What to do if you suspect you have BII
- How to test for BII
- Key things you need to know if you’re considering getting breast implants
- The toxic ingredients in the various implants
- Why your implants may be making you sick… even if they’re not leaking
- The different surgical options to remove implants (crucial to know if you’re considering explantation)
- Important points to raise with your surgeon before having the implants out
“As of yet, I have not come across a single woman with breast implant illness, who took their implants out and didn’t see some improvement.”
Want to connect with Alysha?
Click here to visit her website.
Click here to follow her on Facebook
And check out her Instagram here.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.