Straight Talking Natural Health
Click Below to Listen Now
STNH 26: Jess Jones – The Burnout Club
22, Mar, 2021
Meet Jess Jones – she runs a club that in her own words, you never wanted to be in. But sadly it’s a club to which many of us could subscribe, or have been a good candidate for in the past. It’s a club that I think is on the way to have many more members too, if we don’t start taking steps to avoid it.
You see, it’s called the Burnout Club, and it’s a place for women to learn a new way to live, work and most importantly, practice self care. And by self-care, I do NOT mean a pedicure or massage (although they’re great). Think of it as a complete mindset shift and habit change for many women.
Basically this is rehab for Type A’s. And it’s SOOOOO needed.
In this interview, we chat about:
- Jess’ own burnout story, and how being super-driven placed a massive strain on her career, health and relationships.
- Why burnout is often driven by unresolved emotional stuff… and what to look out for.
- The shame associated with burning out, and Jess’ learnings from that.
- How Jess prioritised self-care, and what that looked like for her (spoiler alert – it’s not a pedicure!).
- The dangers of using alcohol to relax when you’re burned out.
- What we need to change in order to come back from burnout (or prevent it happening!).
Want to see more of Jess?
Want more of Jules?
Visit her website at http://julesgalloway.com.
Are you at risk of burnout? Take this quiz to find out: http://julesgalloway.com/health-check.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.