Straight Talking Natural Health
Click Below to Listen Now!
STNH 22: Amie Skilton – Mould Illness Explained
08, Feb, 2021
Amie Skilton is quite simply one of the warmest, most approachable, most intelligent and well researched practitioners in our industry. She’s a bit of a legend when it comes to skin issues and some of you may know her from her social media where she is known as “That Naturopath.”
But her interests and her zone of genius took a pivot in recent years when she developed a very serious case of mould illness and CIRS (Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome). In 2017 Amie went from being a normal, healthy woman, to being completely physically and neurologically debilitated… due to mould exposure in a water damaged building.
She was told by a doctor that “there’s nothing is wrong with you.”
So she did what any good naturopath does – she sought out further studies so that she could help both herself and others with the same issue (because that’s what we do!). She threw herself into the world of building biology and is now a qualified mould testing technician.
Mould illness is a huge issue in Australia – naturopaths see so much of it in practice, and it’s often mistakenly diagnosed as adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue or allergies. So this episode is a MUST if you or someone close to you is experiencing these issues.
In this episode we cover:
- What is CIRS and how is it diagnosed?
- What are the signs and symptoms of CIRS and mould illness?
- How a naturopath will address mould illness and CIRS.
- The tell-tale signs that you might be living in a water damaged building.
- How to check if your home is healthy.
- How to keep your home healthy if you live in a humid area.
- The sneaky places that mould can turn up in your house (spoiler alert – we’re talking about bedding… ewwww!).
- What to do if your landlord won’t address the mould and water damage in your home.
Want to see more of Amie?
Want more of Jules?
Visit her website at http://julesgalloway.com.
Are you at risk of burnout? Take this quiz to find out: http://julesgalloway.com/health-check.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.