The Healthy Shift Worker
Click Below to Listen Now!
HSW 87: Tapping for Food Cravings, Stress and Insomnia with Dr Peta Stapleton
15, Aug, 2019
Today we’re chatting with Dr Peta Stapleton who is a registered Clinical & Health Psychologist and an Associate Professor in Psychology at Bond University here in Australia. She is a world-leading researcher in EFT – which is short for Emotional Freedom Technique (otherwise known as tapping) and led a world-first randomized clinical trial investigating the effectiveness of EFT on food cravings in overweight and obese adults.
In this entertaining podcast (Peta has a great sense of humour!) we talk all things:
- What exactly is the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) or tapping, and how does it work?
- How EFT helps to reduce stress hormone levels and support our nervous system on a biochemical level
- The incredible statistics showing how fast it works to help those suffering from conditions such as anxiety and PTSD
- Results from her clinical trial showing how it helps to reduce food cravings – and yes, this does include a chocolate muffin!
- How it can be used to improve anxiety-related sleep issues such as sleep onset and reduce intermittent awakenings
Links mentioned on the podcast:
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.