Click Below to Listen Now!
BC 07: Dr Stephen McKenzie On Mindfulness
07, Oct, 2015
- Welcome to our health expert – Dr Stephen McKenzie PhD Psychologist and Mindfulness expert,
- Author of two books: 1) “Mindfulness for Life” (with Dr Craig Hassed) and 2) “Mindfulness at Work”
- What is Mindfulness?
- The importance of being of being aware and accepting of our awareness
- Heartfulness = Mindfulness
- Meditation is formalized mindfulness
- Vipassana meditation – “To see things as they really are”
- Our culture forces us to be so busy doing ‘Stress’ …we need time to be ‘Present’
- Mindfulness is not something you learn, it’s something you remember
- Health advantages of mindfulness
- Body Scan Meditation – a live example of mindfulness but DO NOT PERFORM THIS WHILE DRIVING
- Top 3 mindfulness take home tips
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.
BACKchat is hosted by chiropractors Dr. Paul Bergamo and Bianca Dobson. BACKchat is a thought provoking health podcast, empowering you to live to your true, health potential. We discuss with leading health experts and inspirational individuals, the importance of the 5 pillars of health: “Thinking, Eating, Moving, Sleeping and your Neurology.”