Click Below to Listen Now!
BC 04: Lisa Cox – Recovery from Severe Brain Trauma
27, May, 2015
27, May, 2015
- What defines a first world problem?
- Lisa – “I do not use my disability as an excuse”
- Lisa – “Do what you can with what you have”
- Recovery Goals- relearning to eat, stand and walk after being in intensive care
- Value of your family when your life is on the line
- Lisa is a Synapse Ambassador. Synapse strives to reconnect the lives of those most at risk within our community, affected by a Brain Disorder.
- What is Acquired Brain Injury? What is the invisible disability?
- Are you ready for BANGONABEANIE 2015?
- BANGONABEANIE is the National campaign for Brain Injury Awareness Week (17 – 23 August 2015) and buying just one beanie will show the 1 in 12 Australians with a Brain Injury they are not alone
- Lisa is an author of two books on body image with Wombat Publishers: “Media Muscle” and “Does this bum look big in this ad?”
- Real gratitude – what it means?
- Lisa – “True Inspiration is self inspiration – drawing on your own resources”
- Visualisation in Rehabilitation
- Three take home gems –
- Celebrate the small stuff
- Focus on what you have, not want you don’t
- You control your destiny
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.
BACKchat is hosted by chiropractors Dr. Paul Bergamo and Bianca Dobson. BACKchat is a thought provoking health podcast, empowering you to live to your true, health potential. We discuss with leading health experts and inspirational individuals, the importance of the 5 pillars of health: “Thinking, Eating, Moving, Sleeping and your Neurology.”