Quirky Cooking Chats
Click Below to Listen Now!
AQJ 129: A Simple, Healthy Christmas with Cyndi O’Meara
16, Nov, 2018
Over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas, Jo and Fouad are interviewing a few of their favourite health-foodies about their best Christmas tips, with a focus on ways to reduce the holiday stress and enjoying a beautiful, healthy Christmas with friends and family. Each one will share some of their favourite Christmas traditions, and what the holidays look like for their family.
In this episode, take a sneak-peek into nutritionist Cyndi O’Meara’s family-focused Christmas! Jo and Cyndi chat about:
- Cyndi’s family traditions
- ways they enjoy Christmas without the stress
- how to reduce the ‘gift clutter’
- the fun of going away for Christmas
- the importance of time out together over the holidays
- learning to say ‘no’ to the craziness
- how Cyndi helped her kids make good food choices on their own
- the wisdom in not being too ‘precious’ about food at Christmas and how she let her kids learn for themselves how food makes them feel
- her thoughts on the importance of ethical, sustainable food at Christmas
- some fun ideas for stocking stuffers
- and Cyndi’s delicious substitute for rum balls – recipe coming to her FB page soon!!
Cyndi’s online ‘Marketplace’
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.