Straight Talking Natural Health
Click Below to Listen Now
STNH 2: Jules Galloway (Wellbeing Weekly) – On adrenal fatigue, burnout, and self care
09, Jan, 2019
This week we’re lucky enough to have been gifted a bonus episode. A while back, I was interviewed by Michelle Kerr from Wellbeing Weekly, and it was so much fun! She has generously offered to let me share the episode on my own podcast feed.
In this episode I share parts of my own health journey - Find out why living a “work hard, play hard” lifestyle led to burnout, why taking loads of herbs and supplements didn’t help, and how I discovered some quirky health issues that were the key to getting better. Listen to the story of my road to recovery, and what I learned along the way.
We also cover the following topics:
- What is adrenal fatigue/adrenal dysfunction?
- The signs and symptoms of adrenal dysfunction and burnout.
- What are the underlying issues that can contribute to adrenal issues?
- Why self-care is so much more than just a pedicure (and some better ways to relax and switch off).
- Why so many driven, successful women end up with adrenal fatigue and health issues.
- Functional pathology testing for adrenal fatigue (and the best way to assess cortisol levels).
- How a naturopath can help you to come back from the brink of burnout.
- Why you need to be careful not to take the WRONG herbs and supplements for adrenal dysfunction (and how to figure out the right ones to take instead).
- Tips for relieving stress (especially for entrepreneurs and business owners).
- How to avoid loneliness and isolation when you’re a solo entrepreneur.
- The importance of connection and support as a business person.
- Simple swaps you can do in your diet to get more energy and vitality.
- Why eating the wrong types of carbohydrates leads to sugar cravings.
- Top tips for combating the symptoms of burnout, before it’s too late.
So sit back, relax and enjoy this chat, where the tables are turned and I’m on the other side of the questions for a change.
Free Quiz - Are you at risk of burnout?
Take this 5 minute quiz to assess your risk of adrenal dysfunction (perfect if you've been burning the candle at both ends over Christmas and New Years).
Did you enjoy this episode? Let’s connect!
Connect with your tribe. Be part of a pumping community of like-minded people. Get live Q&As, Facebook live videos on hot topics, and loads more. Join the Straight Talking Natural Health Facebook group here.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.
Get ready to live a happy, healthy, energised life with Straight Talking Natural Health – a no-BS, tell-it-like-it-is wellness show, brought to you by qualified naturopath and functional medicine practitioner, Jules Galloway.