Straight Talking Natural Health
Click Below to Listen Now
STNH 10: Live from the Bioceuticals Symposium – Dr Dale Bredesen
28, Aug, 2019
“Everybody knows a cancer survivor… Nobody knows an Alzheimer’s survivor.”
Meet Dr Dale Bredesen, an internationally-recognized expert in the mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases, Dr Bredesen’s career has been guided by a simple idea: that Alzheimer’s as we know it is not just preventable, but reversible.
Dr. Bredesen’s research explores previously uncharted territory in explaining the physical mechanism behind the erosion of memory seen in Alzheimer’s disease, and has opened the door to new approaches to treatment. This work has led to the identification of several new therapeutic processes that are showing remarkable early results. You can read about his findings and research into the 2017 New York Times best-seller The End of Alzheimer’s.
“Instead of ‘alternative medicine,’ I call it ‘no-alternative medicine,’ because when it comes to Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases, there’s no alternative.”
In this podcast, we chat about:
- Genes and their role in the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Other factors that contribute to cognitive decline (spoiler alert – there are some pretty simple ones in here like stress and sleep!).
- Dr Bredesen’s protocol for Alzheimer’s… and why it has to be altered for each and every patient.
- His dietary guidelines for preventing and reversing cognitive decline.
- Why it’s important to detoxify your body in order to heal the brain.
- Why it’s difficult to do evidence-based research on the impact of diet and natural medicines.
- What we need to do to make this illness a thing of the past.
“What we’re seeing with these patients is they don’t just slow the decline, they actually improve.”
Tune in and find out more as we look at the cutting edge of Alzheimer’s research, and come away with hope that there IS something we can all do to reduce our risk.
Want more of Jules?
Visit her website at http://julesgalloway.com.
Are you at risk of burnout? Take this quiz to find out.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.