Health, Happiness & Human Kind
Click Below to Listen Now!
RFR 09: Jo Coombe, Real Food Athlete
12, Feb, 2015
In Episode 9 of The Real Food Reel we introduce you to our next “Real Food Athlete”, Jo Coombe from Melbourne, Australia.
Jo is an age-group triathlete who qualified for Kona in 2011 and is now on her way back there this year, in October 2015. Jo shares with us her journey though a traditional sports nutrition model full of sports gels and carbohydrate loading, to what she believes has played a pivotal role in her most successful races – metabolic efficiency, real food and becoming an intuitive athlete. We dive in deep to mistakes made, lessons learned and her evolution as an athlete. This episode is not to be missed team, it really is full of information gold mines!
To learn more about Jo, please follow her blogs below:
- 12 weeks to Hawaii – Kona prep in 2011: http://jocoombe12weekstohawaii.blogspot.com.au
- The Road to Kona Part 2 – follows Jo’s attempt to get back to Kona: http://jocoombe-roadtokona.blogspot.com.au
- Race reports – Jo’s key races: http://jocoomberacereports.blogspot.com.au
The articles Jo and I cover are below:
- Why I quit gels – The Natural Nutritionist: http://www.thenaturalnutritionist.com.au/why-i-quit-gels
- Sports gels –fat adaptation and practical considerations – The Natural Nutritionist: http://www.thenaturalnutritionist.com.au/sports-gels-fat-adaptation-practical-considerations
- Train low, race high – the key to your endurance success? – The Natural Nutritionist: http://www.thenaturalnutritionist.com.au/train-low-race-high-endurance-success
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.