Straight Talking Natural Health
Click Below to Listen Now
STNH 7: Sharon Collon – ADD/ADHD and The Functional Family
06, Feb, 2019
Meet Sharon Collon – she’s been a naturopathic client of mine for quite some time. I’ve watched her go through a lot with her own health issues whilst also caring for her family. But she’s been thrown a few extra challenges. You see, a couple of the members of her household have ADHD.
Like any good mum, she tried everything under the sun to help her family, including the GAPS diet, wholefoods, paleo, the RPAH diet, and countless doctors and health practitioners. But what she ended up finding worked the best was developing systems and routines in her household that created calmness and eased overwhelm.
“I saw the statistics that they were four times more likely to commit crime, commit suicide, end up in jail or become an addict, and there was just no way that I was going to let that happen to my beautiful little boy.”
So I’ve got her on the show to give you a different perspective on helping your anxious or sensitive kids (and maybe even your anxious and sensitive partners/husbands!).
In this episode, we discuss:
- The spectrum that is ADD/ADHD and how it affects the brain.
- The range of signs and symptoms of ADD/ADHD.
- Which diets Sharon tried, what worked, and what didn’t work.
- Why you shouldn’t necessarily try to “fix” your child’s ADHD.
- Finding and nurturing your child’s special gifts.
- How to create structure, routine, and use visual cues to create harmony in the home (yes, this will help you get to school on time!).
- How to function as a family, where ALL members are happy and fulfilled.
- Why burnout and adrenal fatigue in mums is a very real risk, and how to avoid it.
- And why, in primal times, people with ADHD would have been celebrated, and maybe even been the boss of the tribe!
This podcast will give you a new perspective on ADD/ADHD – and how to work with it, rather than battling against it.
“Our aim is to bring back joy for families that are struggling under the pressures of family life.”
Sharon’s new course “Calming the Chaos” is out now, and is perfect for families struggling with ADD/ADHD. Click here to find out more.
Want to connect with Sharon?
Click here to check out her website.
Click here to go to her Facebook page.
Click here to follow her on Instagram.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.