Straight Talking Natural Health
Click Below to Listen Now
STNH 6: Kristy-Lee Rackham – My Holistic Nurse
30, Jan, 2019
Meet Kristy-Lee Rackham - a holistic Registered Nurse based in the Noosa Shire in Queensland. She’s also an Energy Coach and multi-modality practitioner who helps people get lasting relief from stress, anxiety and chronic pain without medication.
Kristy-Lee's superpower is being able to talk about both science and energy medicine in equal amounts, without the two paradigms contradicting each other. I love that.
"By the time I got to graduation, I was certain that the medical system wasn't set up to assist people with serious and chronic long term illness."
She's been through Postnatal Depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, so she also has a first hand insight on how it feels to not only be unwell and out of balance, but to have an invisible illness that others can’t see or sometimes even understand. She also comes from a corporate background as an advertising executive, so she knows what it's like to be a driven, busy, stressed out women.
"I had my day job where I had this front to the world, where everything was perfect and lovely and normal, but in my private life I was self medicating with drugs and alcohol."
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is a holistic nurse, what do they do, and how are they different?
- Why are women these days so sick and tired?
- Kristy-Lee's experience with post natal depression, being told she would need antidepressant medication for life, and how she came back from there to become drug-free.
- Intuition and why it's so important, even when the science is contradicting your gut instinct.
- How to tell the difference between anxiety and intuition.
- How we can use a powerful combination of both science and energy medicine to deal with anxiety and stress.
- Why meditation and mindfulness are essential for healing.
- Tapping, mantras, and other awesome woo-woo techniques that can create new neural pathways.
- Our subconscious mind, and how it affects gene expression to turn illness on and off.
- Simple things we can all do to feel better when we're feeling tired, stressed or overwhelmed.
- What to do when your friends and family are not on board with the woo woo stuff.
"I was being shown that there needed to be a bridge between the modern medical scientific world, and the spiritual side of life."
If you're looking for a different way to approach your health and healing, tune in, open your mind, and discover a whole new world out there.
Please note: There is a trigger alert with this episode as we discuss some heavy subjects like depression and suicide. If you need support or assistance, please know that you can call Lifeline on 13 11 14, or visit Beyond Blue at http://beyondblue.org.au.
Want to connect with Kristy-Lee?
Click here to check out her website.
Click here to connect with her on Facebook.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.
Get ready to live a happy, healthy, energised life with Straight Talking Natural Health – a no-BS, tell-it-like-it-is wellness show, brought to you by qualified naturopath and functional medicine practitioner, Jules Galloway.