Click Below to Listen Now
RMP 16: Darryl Edwards talks Animal Moves and the Joy of Movement
05, Jul, 2017
Do you still play? Many of us spent so much time playing as kids. Imagination, silliness, dress ups, running around like mad, climbing, chasing, sports and more.... Play seems to be a lost art form and an underestimated source of expression and connection…. until now.
Darryl Edwards, creator of Primal Play, is one of the world's leading play masters. Darryl reminds us to remember our playful side, rediscover the joy of movement and have fun in the process! Tapping into this playful part of our nature can help us embrace more movement in our days and be healthier and happier.
Darryl is back on the podcast for a second time to dive deeper into all things movement and play. If you haven't heard our earlier conversation, I recommend checking it out. It's episode number 7 and it's awesome!
In this episode, we discuss:
- The joy of movement
- Darryl's 30-day Animal Moves program
- What we can learn from looking at how wild animals move (we forget that humans are animals too)
- A day in the life of Darryl and his own movement practice
- Lots more movement snacks!
Darryl Edwards, is a Movement Coach, Natural Lifestyle Educator, nutritionist and creator of the Primal Play Method™. Darryl developed the Primal Play methodology to inspire others to make activity fun while getting healthier, fitter and stronger in the process.
Darryl is the author of several award-winning books including Paleo Fitness and Paleo from A to Z. His work has been published in titles such as Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Elle Magazine, Men’s Fitness and featured on the BBC documentary Eat to Live Forever.
Learn more about Darryl’s Animal Moves program and receive 20% off through the links below:
- For the full program including a “Playbook” to track your progress, access to the private Animal Moves Program Facebook page and a bonus pdf: The Importance of Play. To receive 20% off the total price of the program, use the link: www.reconnected.me/animalmoves (Recommended version, as you get the full experience, online support, comprehensive tracking and reporting)
- For the full program only (solo version). To receive 20% off the total price of the program, use the link: www.reconnected.me/animalmoves2
*Full disclosure. These links help to support what I do here at Reconnected.me… but at no extra cost to you. Your support contributes to enabling me to keep bringing you value on the podcast and website. I thank you in advance with deep appreciation and gratitude.
Find Darryl at:
Websites: www.primalplay.com and www.thefitnessexplorer.com
Mentioned in the show
- Reconnected.me Podcast Episode 7 – Darryl Edwards talks Primal Play and Moving Like a Human
- Darryl’s books
- Stuart Brown – Play History Ted Talk – Play is More Than Just Fun
Other relevant links
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.
Lucy Lichtenstein has interesting conversations with beautiful people. We discuss everything from nutrition, nature, community and movement, to philosophy, rewilding, knowing the Self and many other aspects of conscious living.