Click Below to Listen Now
RMP 7: Primal Play and Moving Like a Human with Darryl Edwards
03, May, 2017
Movement or exercise? What were we designed to do? There are so many schools of thought out there when it comes to movement, exercise and fitness. Some say the gym is where it’s at. Others run or ride bikes for miles. Others play out in nature and use the world as their playground… The latter is true for this week’s guest, Darryl Edwards, the Fitness Explorer, who is one of my greatest movement teachers.
Several years ago I attended a Primal Con health retreat in Lake Tahoe, and one of the highlights of the weekend was meeting Darryl and being a part of his fun, engaging, challenging and mind-bending Primal Play sessions. Since then I’ve been to several other Primal Playouts in Sydney and I completely support what Darryl stands for, his all-inclusive approach to spreading the joy of movement for everyone, and the wonderful human being that he is. You won’t want to miss this!
In this episode we discuss:
- Movement vs exercise
- How humans were designed to move
- Darryl’s movement method Primal Play and the importance of play
- Gut health, the Microbiome and movement
- Plenty more on health and movement!
Darryl Edwards, is a Movement Coach, Natural Lifestyle Educator, nutritionist and creator of the Primal Play Method™. Darryl developed the Primal Play methodology to inspire others to make activity fun while getting healthier, fitter and stronger in the process.
Darryl is the author of several award-winning books including Paleo Fitness and Paleo from A to Z. His work has been published in titles such as Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Elle Magazine, Men’s Fitness and featured on the BBC documentary Eat to Live Forever.
Learn more about Darryl’s Animal Moves program and receive 15% off through the links below:
- For the full program including a “Playbook” to track your progress, access to the private Animal Moves Program Facebook page and a bonus pdf: The Importance of Play, use this link to receive 15% off the total price of the program. Or head to www.reconnected.me/animalmoves (Recommended version, as you get the full experience, online support, comprehensive tracking and reporting)
- For the full program only (solo version), go here to receive 15% off the total price as well. Or head to www.reconnected.me/animalmoves2
Find Darryl at:
Websites: www.primalplay.com and www.thefitnessexplorer.com
Mentioned in the show
- The Gut Microbiome and Exercise on PrimalPlay.com
- Sapiens book
- Primal Blueprint podcast
- Darryl’s books
Other relevant links
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.
Lucy Lichtenstein has interesting conversations with beautiful people. We discuss everything from nutrition, nature, community and movement, to philosophy, rewilding, knowing the Self and many other aspects of conscious living.