Mum’s The Word
Click Below to Listen Now!
MUM 028: Nicola Smith : Instilling The Joy Of Reading
17, Jun, 2016
I absolutely loved this amazingly relevant episode with Nicola.
She gave such great tips to implement easy ways to share the joy of reading with little ones.
Easy to relate to, to listen to and to take action with!
Nicola Smith – Biography
Nicola Smith is a primary school teacher, literacy specialist and mother of two. She has taught in Amsterdam as well as Melbourne. Since pausing her teaching career to be a full time mum she has continued to pursue her passion in researching children’s early literacy skills. She aims to empower parents to support their children’s early literacy development in those all-important years from birth to school age.
Nicola’s Recommended reads for parents (literacy):
- ‘Reading Magic’ by Mem Fox (also memfox.com)
- ‘The Read Aloud Handbook’ by Jim Trelease
- Roald Dahl website: roalddahl.com
- The Children’s Book Council of Australia: https://cbca.org.au/
- Kids’ Book Review: http://www.kids-bookreview.com/
Nicola’s Favourite parenting resources:
- Wonder weeks: https://web.facebook.com/WonderWeeks/
- Pinky McKay: http://www.pinkymckay.com/ https://web.facebook.com/pinky.mckay.fanpage/
Connect with Nicola via:
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.