The Healthy Shift Worker
Click Below to Listen Now
HSW 73: Adopting a Better Sleep Mindset with Constable Tracey Rogers
24, Jan, 2019
Sleep. It can be so elusive when we work shift work, but is it really possible to get better sleep whilst working 24/7? According to First Class Constable Tracey Rogers it absolutely is, but it all comes back to adopting a ‘Better Sleep Mindset”, and being prepared to do whatever it takes to foster and encourage better sleep.
Tracey Rogers is a First Class Constable with the Tasmanian Police Force, who has worked a combination of shift work and day roles throughout her 15-year career in the Police Force. Understandably, her job can be pretty stressful at times, so being able to unwind and get sufficient quality sleep has become a huge priority and focus for improving her health and well-being.
In this episode you’re going to learn:
- why having an outside interest is absolutely vital in being able to ‘switch off’ from a stressful job and shift
- what Tracey did to conquer her ‘hate relationship with sleep’
- how she overcame self-sabotaging sleep behaviours, that were having a huge impact on her sleep
- why in order to get better sleep, we must be willing to try new things
- Tracey’s top 3 strategies to becoming a healthy shift worker
Links mentioned on the podcast:
To get in contact with Tracey – reach out to her through Facebook / Messenger at Tracey Lee
For more information on Audra’s Better Sleep Program, you can book a Free Better Sleep Strategy Session by Clicking Here
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.