Did you know that just by changing your mindset around your food consumption you can feel better, look better and even rid yourself of pain?
In this episode I talk with Dr Verena about eating for aesthetics vs eating for wellness and we really dive into body image and how we can begin to make a positive shift. Dr Verena has conducted extensive research in nutritional science and published material on the ‘nutrition transition’ – a point in time where our food practices changed dramatically as well as our global wellness. More recently Dr Verena has studied Neuro-Training & Yogi, bhogi, rogi burp and behaviour change which is why this is such a powerful combination and an episode you don’t want to miss!
- Verena’s journey.
- Best me vs perfect me.
- The outer perfect body image.
- Dr Verena’s PHD study.
- Transition through food – when our health turned.
- Food diversity, cash crops, agriculture and indigenous food practices.
- Community based food vs eating alone.
- Taking the focus off getting in shape to get in shape!
- Where exercise fits in.
- How to sort the misinformation from fact.
- Operating out of intelligence vs fear.
- How fear causes pain and inflammation.
- Why you need to be aware of your thoughts when exercising!
- How to begin to address body image issues.
- Imagination and self talk are insights.
- Connect with yourself and love yourself.
- Connect with what you love and avoid self punishment.
- Connect with other people!
- Remove the bad choices, inject nourishment.
- Mindful eating – ‘earth to table’
- Proper food preparation.
- The whole food ceremony.
- Dr Verenas favourite tools: including the Yogi-bogi-rollgi-burp technique.
- Verena’s wisdom for the world!
Find Dr Verena here:
Special Discount for BestMe Listeners – $50 off first consultation with Dr Verena (only available until October)
Click here: https://doctorverena.com/consultations/ – consultations-1