Dr Luke Nelson
Luke has been in private practice at Chiropractic Solutions in Bentleigh East since graduating from RMIT in 2003. His post graduate qualifications in sports chiropractic include an International Certified Chiropractic Sports Diploma, a post graduate diploma in Sports Chiropractic and a Masters in Sports Science.
Luke has involvement in a number of organisations including Finance chair of FICS, education chair of Sports Chiropractic Australia and board member of the Victorian State branch of Sports Medicine Australia. Luke treats elite athletes from a variety of sports including athletics, cricket, AFL, mixed martial arts, triathlon, water polo, tennis and golf. Luke was recently awarded the 2016 Sports Chiropractic Australia outstanding service award.
An avid runner himself, Luke has completed multiple marathons, Iron Man triathlons and ultramarathons. Luke is co-director of Enhance running, whose purpose is to help people enjoy running and avoid injury through teaching running technique.
- Do you need to warm up before a run? Some say stretching, some say a light jog …what do you recommend?
- What are about warming down recommendations?
- If you missed our advice in the earlier podcast, and now you find yourself with an injury, what is your course of action?
- What should you look for in a health practitioner to help with your running injuries?
- How does a patient decide to see a GP/Sports Specialist/Sports chiro/Sports physio/Massage or Myo?
- Heat or ice …what’s the latest on sports science here?
- What about recovery?
- What about strength training, most runners tend to stay clear of the weight room?
- How to manage Achilles tendinopathy and plantar fasciopathy. Link with Podcast 14 Tony Massarotti/podiatrist on heel pain and BC 27 Mr Sasha Roshan foot surgeon on heel pain.
- How to manage patellofemoral pain (also known as runner’s knee)?
- How to manage ITB?
For more information on Enhance running please visit the website www.enhancerunning.com.au