Click Below to Listen Now
BC 40: Kim Fenton – Coming back from Post natal depression
25, May, 2017
Today’s BACKchat is a BACKchat podcast with a BIG difference… on BC podcast 39 we said goodbye to Dr Anthony Coxon as our co host.
Our two new Co-Hosts :
- Dr Kelly Holt
- Kelly is currently the Dean of Research at the New Zealand College of Chiropractic. Besides his chiropractic degree he also holds a Bachelor of Science majoring in physiology and a PhD in Health Science from the University of Auckland.
- Dr Kim Fenton
- Kim balances full time work with raising her two primary school aged children – Kiana and Geneva. Kim has had a varied professional background, starting in medical research , and then completed her PhD, before moving into the pharmaceutical industry. She then started her own business, where for over half a decade, she helped executives better harness their emotional intelligence in business coaching. For the past five years she has worked in the child care industry at an administration capacity, currently holding the position of Head of Commercial Operations for a national child care organisation.
For our audience to learn more about my two new co hosts …you have already got to know Kelly when we interviewed him on BC 34 and 35. Now its time, we get Kelly to work , as co host , and we interview Kim on a challenging part of her life that she went through . This will be very authentic so that listeners with post natal depression can be helped.
- Had you had any previous experience with depression before, or with postnatal depression specifically?
- Did you realize at the time that there was something wrong, and if so, did you ever suspect it was postnatal depression?
- What were you thinking when you were diagnosed with postnatal depression?
- Do you think your depression was caused by any one factor?
- Was there any assistance available to you to help you manage your diagnosis at the time?
- Were your family and friends supportive? Did they understand what was happening to you?
- How did you eventually recover?
- Has this experience altered your view of postnatal depression?
Three take home messages from Kim.
Discussion with depression can resonate negative feelings to those who are suffering with a mental health problem.
Thus we responsibly need to pass on depression helpline details in the three countries where we have great reach:
In Australia beyondblue at www.beyondblue.org.au or call 1300 22 4636
In New Zealand , www.depression.org.nz or call 0800 111 757
In USA, www.postpartum.net or call 1800 944 4773
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.
BACKchat is hosted by chiropractors Dr. Paul Bergamo, Kelly Holt and Kim Fenton, empowering you to live to your true health potential. We discuss the 5 pillars of health: “Thinking, Eating, Moving, Sleeping and your Neurology.”