Click Below to Listen Now
BC 37: Mr Jason Harvey (Hand Surgeon) – Hand injury – what to do and what not to do!
22, Mar, 2017
Jason’s BIOG :
Jason is originally from the Northern Beaches of Sydney where he went to medical school and completed his internship. After his intern year, he moved to the United States where he did general surgery In Boston and Orthopaedic training in Los Angeles.
Jason completed a fellowship in hand & peripheral nerve surgery at North Shore Hospital in Sydney. Jason is currently the Director of Training in Orthopaedics at Dandenong Hospital and has a private practice at OrthoSport Victoria
- What is the most common condition you sees but may not operate on?
- What are some special tests you will organize to confirm the diagnosis of the condition of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome?
- What is the criterion for surgery admission?
- What is the biggest misconception in hand surgery, especially when speaking about hand arthritis?
- What is the most frustrating thing you deal with as a hand surgeon?
- What is the favourite part of your job with cases you surgically manage?
- What do you think the next big innovation in hand surgery will be?
- What are your thoughts about PRP and stem cell interventions?
- If you could change one thing about your surgical job, what would it be?
- What is your favorite operation?
- Do you use 3D printing/modelling much in hand surgery?
Jason works in a group practice, OrthoSport Victoria in Richmond, - www.osv.com.au and also has a public appointment at Dandenong Hospital
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.
BACKchat is hosted by chiropractors Dr. Paul Bergamo and Bianca Dobson. BACKchat is a thought provoking health podcast, empowering you to live to your true, health potential. We discuss with leading health experts and inspirational individuals, the importance of the 5 pillars of health: “Thinking, Eating, Moving, Sleeping and your Neurology.”