Click Below to Listen Now
BC 35: Kelly Holt – Brain based function and Falls Prevention
08, Feb, 2017
Dr Holt was a member of the 1998 inaugural graduating class of the New Zealand College of Chiropractic and is currently the Dean of Research at the New Zealand College of Chiropractic. Besides his chiropractic degree he also holds a Bachelor of Science majoring in physiology and a PhD in Health Science from the University of Auckland. Dr Holt’s PhD focused on the effects of chiropractic care on sensorimotor function and falls risk in older adults and he was named ‘Chiropractor of the Year’ by the New Zealand College of Chiropractic Alumni Association in 2012 and by the New Zealand Chiropractors’ Association in 2014.
1. Kelly ,you did your PhD on balance and falls in older people; why did you choose this topic?
2. What is the relationship between falls and chiropractic care?
3. What are the key risk factors for falls?
4. What can people do about reducing falls risk?
5. What do we know about chiropractic care and falls risk?
6. Tell us about the study you did that looked at the impact of chiropractic care on falls risk ie ankle joint position sense, choice stepping reaction time and sound induced flash illusion test.
7. What does this tell us about chiropractic care and the different treatment options?
8. What is the future now in this area of Chiropractic research?
Dr Kelly Holt is keynote speaker at NeuroLogic Education’s inaugural seminar in 2017 entitled Brain Body connection –enhancing spinal function and falls prevention.
Melbourne = April 29th and 30th 2017 at Ibis 15-21 Therry Street, Melbourne, Australia
Sydney = June 3-4 2017 at Rydges Central Sydney, 28 Albion Street, Surry Hills, Australia
Perth = June 24-25 2017 at Mecure Hotel Perth, 10 Irwin Street, Perth, Australia
Further details and registration can be found at www.neurologiceducation.com.au
For declaration, Dr Bergamo is a part owner of NeuroLogic Education.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.
BACKchat is hosted by chiropractors Dr. Paul Bergamo, Kelly Holt and Kim Fenton, empowering you to live to your true health potential. We discuss the 5 pillars of health: “Thinking, Eating, Moving, Sleeping and your Neurology.”