Click Below to Listen Now
BC 34: Dr Kelly Holt – Brain based function and the sensorimotor system
18, Jan, 2017
Dr Kelly Holts Biography :
Dr Holt was a member of the 1998 inaugural graduating class of the New Zealand College of Chiropractic and is currently the Dean of Research at the New Zealand College of Chiropractic. Besides his chiropractic degree he also holds a Bachelor of Science majoring in physiology and a PhD in Health Science from the University of Auckland. Dr Holt’s PhD focused on the effects of chiropractic care on sensorimotor function and falls risk in older adults and he was named ‘Chiropractor of the Year’ by the New Zealand College of Chiropractic Alumni Association in 2012 and by the New Zealand Chiropractors’ Association in 2014.
1. What’s your role at the New Zealand College of Chiropractic?
2. What’s evidence based chiropractic?
3. What does the evidence say about chiropractic?
4. What research work are you doing?
5. What does your research tell you about how chiropractic works?
6. What is sensorimotor integration?
7. Why is sensorimotor integration important and how it is measured?
8. Kelly’s thoughts on detractors of this research from NZCC.
9. What is the future now in this area of Chiropractic research – the concept of a chiropractic research jigsaw puzzle?
Dr Kelly Holt is keynote speaker at NeuroLogic Education’s inaugural seminar in 2017 entitled Brain Body connection –enhancing spinal function and falls prevention.
Melbourne = April 29th and 30th 2017 at Ibis 15-21 Therry Street, Melbourne, Australia
Sydney = June 3-4 2017 at Rydges Central Sydney, 28 Albion Street, Surry Hills, Australia
Perth = June 25-26 2017 at Mecure Hotel Perth, 10 Irwin Street, Perth, Australia
Further details and registration can be found at www.neurologiceducation.com.au
For declaration, Dr Bergamo is a part owner of NeuroLogic Education.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.
BACKchat is hosted by chiropractors Dr. Paul Bergamo and Bianca Dobson. BACKchat is a thought provoking health podcast, empowering you to live to your true, health potential. We discuss with leading health experts and inspirational individuals, the importance of the 5 pillars of health: “Thinking, Eating, Moving, Sleeping and your Neurology.”