A Quirky Journey
Click Below to Listen Now
AQJ 83: Whole Foods for Dogs – Canine Nutritionist David Agius
11, Nov, 2017
• The interview with David Agius begins at: 35 minutes ~ 25 seconds
"Dogs have a biological right to be able to eat real food. It saddens me that more and more dogs aren’t able to tolerate real foods because their body is being destroyed from processed foods. We need to keep in mind that it is their biological right to be able to eat real food, and try to feed them as much of those wholesome foods as you can.” - David Agius
In today’s episode, Jo talks to canine nutritionist David Agius about how to feed your dog the foods they need for optimum health. They discuss many questions that readers asked on Facebook, and David shares his thoughts on:
- why we should feed dogs a whole food diet instead of just packaged foods;
- what foods to focus on and what to avoid;
- how much to feed your dog;
- how to get started changing their diet;
- how to ensure it is balanced;
- how to keep their teeth healthy;
- how to include probiotic foods in their diet;
- exercise for dogs, and much more.
If you have a dog in your family, or you are thinking of getting one, you will want to listen to this interview!
Jo and Fouad also have a chat in the intro, sharing what they’ve been up to the past week, including:
- working towards a job that is your life path and something you love, not just something you do to survive;
- Fouad’s transition back into a low-carb way of eating;
- the benefits of temporarily getting your body into a ketogenic state and how that helps to increase energy levels, reduce pain and inflammation, and lose weight
- their new Christmas recipe ebook which is soon being released for subscribers
- and their upcoming events in Melbourne, Echuca and Brisbane.
If you have any questions for Jo and Fouad, you can email them via [email protected].
David Agius, Canine Nutritionist:
Recipe for fermented seeds for dogs: https://www.facebook.com/DavidCanineNutritionist/posts/555684378107186
Natural Aussie iron, non-toxic, non-stick, multi-generational and awesome! Go to quirkycooking.com.au/solid and use the code 10QCP to get 10% off your order.
Weleda body products:
Organic, biodynamic, non-toxic body products that feed your skin. Go to www.weleda.com.au and use the code quirkyjourney to get 10% off your order. Free postage if your order is over $90.
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.
Jo Whitton and Fouad Kassab share their families’ journeys to good health. Learn why they chose to undertake a GAPS/Paleo diet approach and how it works out in their everyday lives. You will find an abundance of tips, recipes, stories and inspiration.