A Quirky Journey
Click Below to Listen Now
AQJ 143: Helping Teens to Eat Well, Part 2
09, Aug, 2019
Following on from their last podcast, Jo and Fouad have an informal chat about their thoughts on helping children to eat well – with plenty of humour, stories, and insights from their own families! They talk about:
- the importance of knowing what your goals are, and what you’re trying to teach your kids regarding health
- helping kids to take responsibility for their own health as they grow into the later teen years
- helping them to understand how food affects them, both positively and negatively
- what to do when your teens know all about the whys and wherefores of healthy eating, but choose to eat a SAD diet anyway because they don’t like to be different to their peers
- the importance of parents modelling a healthy diet and lifestyle, but without all the stress (it’s ok, we all mess up at times!!)
- what to do when there’s a food reaction due to poor diet choices
- how to make healthy eating fun and delicious, and encourage a healthy, happy attitude towards cooking and eating together
- … plus lots of random things like Jo’s latest favourite kitchen appliance, pancake parties, and the best soup ever!!
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the chat. 🙂
This podcast follows on from the previous one: Helping Teens to Eat Well, with Dr Damian Kristof & Jo Whitton
** Learn more about how to encourage your kids to eat well at the new Quirky Cooking event **
There is so much pressure on parents these days. Parenting in the digital age is tricky, plus there’s all the confusion and conflicting nutrition information we are bombarded with, and the stress of chronic illnesses and developmental disorders that are a part of life for many… it’s a minefield!
Join Jo Whitton (Quirky Cooking) and Elyse Comerford (Nutritionist) as they present ‘Nourishing Your Family’ – a simple, wholesome blueprint created from their real-life experiences with their own families. They will take you through every step from building the foundations of good health and happiness, to then delving further into gut health and how it relates to the health of our whole system, and what you can do if you are suffering from acute and/or chronic health issues. Combine this with practical nutrition guidelines, food preparation tips and cooking demonstrations to help you reduce the food stress, and you have an evening jam-packed with inspiration (and the perfect amount of information!).
If you are feeling stuck (and petrified!) with no idea where to start, or you are on your health journey already but would love some encouragement from two mums who have battled through many obstacles to nourish and heal their families, then this event is not to be missed!
Learn from Jo and Elyse:
- How they worked through major health issues in their families
- How to build the foundations for a healthy life
- Reducing the stress in key areas so you have space for change
- Focusing on what’s important and working out first steps
- How to encourage your family to be ‘on board’ with a healthy diet
- How to move forward when you’re struggling with chronic health conditions, fatigue, anxiety, developmental disorders, and more
- The importance of good gut health and how to achieve it
- Traditional, healing foods you can make very simply and cheaply
- Nourishing lunchbox and snack ideas
- Bringing back the joy and deliciousness without sacrificing the nourishment!
Share This Episode
Share this episode with your family and friends.